Wiziwig spammer

Thread: Wiziwig spammer

Thanks

Wiziwig spammer

Received this yesterday

Wiziwig Users,

We would like to start by giving a huge thank you to our contributors for everything they have done to make Wiziwig a possibility for the many years it was online and functional. Without you, we could not have helped so many users get access to their favorite sports from around the world, and enjoy it without any obstacles coming in the way.

Now Wiziwig is starting all over again but with a different approach all together. You all know that we were in talks with ****** for quite some time in order to come to some conclusion on how to start business. For many years we did what we did for free and we served customers in any way possible , however we were not making enough to sustain our business and provide the great service you all love.

Our new home is at and we would like to ask all of our old users/clients/customers to head over there just to try out our service for a day. If you are unhappy with the service, you can close your account and move on to any other streaming website you would like, but we can assure you that you will be happy with what you get at *******.

***** is a website where you can enjoy every sport including NBA, NHL, NFL, EPL, MLB, Rugby, Nascar, Horse Racing, F1, College Sports, and more under one roof. You dont miss a single game with the help of ******** . Not to mention some of our old contributers are helping us provide HD 720p streams at ****** now. As an addition to sports, ******* also has many entertainment channels including the north american locals(NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) , USA Network, Syfy, TNT, TBS, AMC, History Channel, Food Network, BET, Bravo, and much more. Over 200 channels for the small cost of 9.99 .

Also today, **** will have coverage of every NFL game with no blackouts. This will continue for the rest of the season!

Signup today at ****

Follow one of the various links in this email so we know how many of our users were interested in the service.

/Wiziwig(Now known as *******)
    View this email in your browser
    You are receiving this email because of your relationship with Get Your Fixtures. Please reconfirm your interest in receiving emails from us. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, you can unsubscribe here.

32 Mount Olympus Street , Bardia, ontario B7U2H1, Canada

Unsubscribe | Manage Subscription | Forward Email | Report Abuse
    Last edited by Bristolcityfc; 14-09-2015 at 22:47.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bristolcityfc For This Useful Post:

bugsy2 (06-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017),sandy187 (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Soon after Wiziwg went down. Clone sites popped up. Same page design and everything, but no access to the forum.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hurt Locker 873 For This Useful Post:

bugsy2 (04-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017),Oni (27-02-2017),Redbullsnation (16-09-2015),sandy187 (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Always been sites using wiziwig name in various urls over the past few years...
    Had no end of heavy discussions with friends who googled fake wiziwig sites and got hit with malware and viruses and blamed me, cos I recommended wiziwig .... even after I gave them the proper link...
    Some people are just stupid, I guess?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy Leeds For This Useful Post:

bugsy2 (04-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017),Redbullsnation (16-09-2015),sandy187 (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Removed domain from post due to the site wanting to charge, for what should be free.
    Please be respectful, don't ask me forum questions ask MODS or SUPER MODS!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zero For This Useful Post:

Billy Leeds (15-09-2015),Bristolcityfc (16-09-2015),bugsy2 (06-10-2015),expo (16-09-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017), Jay (16-09-2015),Redbullsnation (16-09-2015),sandy187 (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    I remember they contacted me via Facebook months ago.

When WWig gone to heaven I was starting to find a way to connect with people not having direct email to them, well then, recognised GYF's Facebook-page getting answer that GYF is a ''new wwig'' (with promision to build a forum later) but, I leave that fb-page/group 'cos there was no-serious link to ex-wwig-users.

As far as I rememebr, that site was full of links to watch but only bet-sites was mentioned then, not surprised now... anyway, I appreciate fast action of the Saint Admin of the SHub.

Last edited by expo; 17-09-2015 at 08:36.
    I am ready, almost ready, almost... Nothing takes five minutes.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to expo For This Useful Post:

Billy Leeds (07-10-2015),bugsy2 (06-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017),Redbullsnation (16-09-2015),sandy187 (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    I totally agree Billy I was one of them SHHHH

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugsy2 For This Useful Post:

Billy Leeds (07-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Here the same, a mail just now :

"Wiziwig public announcement"

"Wiziwig Needs Your Support
    This email is only for longterm Wiziwig supporters and this email is something that we will trust the members of Wiziwig to publicize as much as possible. Wiziwig is calling for users to show their utmost support today. The team that ran Wiziwig is in need of another chance to help provide streaming content for users. We are currently coming out from under the ground, to provide something different and we are doing this because that same team that ran wiziwig used wiziwig as the home for them to make a living. The legalities in Spain stopped Wiziwig from being able to do that, and the time has come to work past that.

We need old time users to trust us by signing up for a membership at our new streaming home. For just 9.99 per month, The new website url ............"

From coffee...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nuruhc For This Useful Post:

Billy Leeds (07-10-2015),bugsy2 (09-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Where are these assholes getting our email addresses from? I smell a previous admin insider here, perhaps? How would a random spammer know about the legalities in Spain?
    More importantly HOW does he have access to former wizi members' email addresses?
    I've not had one yet, but if I do - I may reply with a nasty surprise for him enclosed....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy Leeds For This Useful Post:

botbot21 (10-04-2016), ft420 (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Leeds View Post
    Where are these assholes getting our email addresses from? I said in the other thread, my money is on the original wizi hack when it happened there, same people as before, who keep starting a 'new' site and spam people to get them to subscribe I smell a previous admin insider here, perhaps? get a grip. Only two people might have access to that database, no chance wiziwig Admin would do that, and I highly doubt Deo would as he's no doubt a close friend of Admin. Kinda shocked that you would suggest they might be involved! How would a random spammer know about the legalities in Spain? what, you mean the legalities announced (and still visible now) on the old wiziwig.tv homepage?
    More importantly HOW does he have access to former wizi members' email addresses?
    I've not had one yet, but if I do - I may reply with a nasty surprise for him enclosed....
    If you want to confirm to a known spammer that your email address works, go ahead.. I'd advise against it. I know how you feel, but it would achieve nothing except something they want. Any attempt to send them something nasty attached would be highly unlikely to work - Such serial spammers must have had people try such things, and are still going..

These emails have been going out to various people as well as wiziwig, this is just another version of one sent to spam others, timed to take advantage of the spreading word that 'wiziwig is back' which we've been putting out. someone might have heard that, but not checked it out, and then receives the email.. and falls for it. Standard spammer tactic, taking advantage of current events.
    Last edited by Bert; 08-10-2015 at 07:31.
    We do not know truth, only our opinions and those of othersPremier League Predictor Now Open click here

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bert For This Useful Post:

botbot21 (10-04-2016),bugsy2 (09-10-2015), ft420 (08-02-2017), Jay (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    So after the forum reappears, in a few days I've had several emails from our favourite spammers.. seems the ****s are using the opportunity to pretend to be us again. Usual guff, three slightly different senders and formats, but same general gist. Three different domains as well (domain removed obviously):

Hey man,

The hockey and ball streaming network as well as myp2p/wizi streaming team has come together to bring back Hockey and Basketball live streaming of junior leagues and national leagues in full HD at a new web url which is www.wewillscamyou.com . The price for all of this plus more sports and over 200 hd tv channels is just 15 usd per month.

You can view free game replays on our website by going to replays.wewillscamyou.com for those of you that are unsure as to whether or not to signup.

of you that are unsure as to whether or not to signup.

Our twitter can be followed at twitter.wewillscamyou.com and by following us today you will be put in a draw for a lifetime subscription absolutely free.

Signup today by going to register.wewillscamyou.com and begin enjoying our great service today! We cover all of your favourite sports including college sports, nba, nhl, mlb, epl, ppv events, and more. Not to mention this weekend you will be able to catch Manny Pacquiao's boxing event in full hd with absolutely no lag and no ads.

We look forward to seeing you join our community.

regards,

Steven Chambers
    WEARETHEIVING****S Management
    They might have made a mistake though.. assuming that the mailing company is genuine in their response to my complaint.. since the email had the usual opt out type stuff and came from a known and sizable email marketing company (Mailchimp) seemed a no-brainer to report the twats:

Hi Bert,
    We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We definitely understand the frustration that comes along with receiving unsolicited bulk email messages. So as an Email Service Provider that holds a strict stance against unsolicited mail, we take all spam complaints very seriously.
    Based information you sent us, we located the account in question and we’ve removed your email address from that list. We've also suspended that account and we're actively investigating their list collection process.
    If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
    Stacy
    We do not know truth, only our opinions and those of othersPremier League Predictor Now Open click here

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bert For This Useful Post:

Billy Leeds (08-04-2016),botbot21 (10-04-2016), ft420 (08-02-2017), Jay (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Kudos to Bert! Cheers mate!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Leeds For This Useful Post:

ft420 (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Leeds View Post
    Kudos to Bert! Cheers mate!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Footballers For This Useful Post:

ft420 (08-02-2017)